Don’t Deny My Name by Lorenzo Thomas — audiobook download

Home Forums College Don’t Deny My Name by Lorenzo Thomas — audiobook download

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jules Conaway

Don’t Deny My Name
    Words and Music and the Black Intellectual Tradition

by Lorenzo Thomas, Aldon Lynn Nielsen

Don’t Deny My Name – CLICK HERE

• Publisher: University of Michigan Press
    • Author: Lorenzo Thomas, Aldon Lynn Nielsen
    • ISBN: 9780472068920 (047206892X)
    • Release date: May 2, 2008
    • Language: english
    • Format: paperback, 232 pages
    • Awards: American Book Award (2008)

About The Book

Black musical forms profoundly influenced the work of American poet and leading literary figure Lorenzo Thomas, and he wrote about them with keen insight — -and obvious pleasure. This book, begun by Thomas before his death in 2005, collects more than a dozen of his savvy yet engagingly personal essays that probe the links between African American music, literature, and popular culture, from the Harlem Renaissance to the present.

Don’t Deny My Name (which takes its title from a blues song by Jelly Roll Morton) begins by laying out the case that the blues is a body of literature that captured the experience of African American migrants to the urban North and newer territories to the West. The essays that follow collectively provide a tour of the movement through classic jazz, bop, and the explosions of the free jazz era, followed by a section on R&B and soul. The penultimate essay is a meditation on rap music that attempts to bring together the extremes of emotion that hip hop elicits, and the collection ends with an unfinished preface to the volume.

MP3 Don’t Deny My Name buy for PC. Online ebook Don’t Deny My Name Lorenzo Thomas download on Audible. Hardcover book Don’t Deny My Name iOS. FB2 book Don’t Deny My Name by Lorenzo Thomas read on Walmart.

#145788 Reply
    juliasguidetoallergies

God, Sex, and Women of the Bible: Discovering Our Sensual, Spiritual Selves ~ Shoni Labowitz ~ 9780684837178

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Don’t Deny My Name by Lorenzo Thomas — audiobook download
Your information: